Skip to main content

Youthanasia : Taking away the internet

 

 

The Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, is turning the Internet lights off to force students to go to sleep early and be fresh as a flower for the class the next day.  Reminds me of what I sometimes sing my 3-year old to sleep.

 

Pray, now what will happen to those night-out coding fests ?

 

In a a previous post, I indicated how UWM was threatening to take away Internet connection as a form of punishment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barcamps over the world: BCB3/Minnebar

I think I am kinda special. Not quite like Paris Hilton special, but getting a  chance to attend two Barcamps separated by 8000 miles in a span of 3 weeks has got to be some kind of special stuff. I think the big guy above is smiling at me. Invest in my equity. This is an article outlining some of the interesting differences I saw between the barcamps in Bangalore (BCB3, 31 March -April 1, 2007 ) and Minnesota(Minnebar 2007, 21 April). This is not an article intended to compare or pass a judgement. Just throwing up some observations, fwiw . I am not offering explanations, I am not a socio-anthropology by training. Some of these do not require a degree to arrive at the reason of causation, but I want to keep this blog close to what I saw, not what I think. At most, some "could-be"s. Both the barcamps have a local flavour and preservation of local flavour to me, is inherently good.  Consider food, for example.  A predominantly South Indian buffet spread for lunch ...

Talk at Barcamp Bangalore 3

Rakesh and I shared some thoughts on unstructured innovation such as unconferences and codejams in large, well-structured (and somewhat paradoxically) very innovative companies.       Technorati tags: barcampbangalore3 , innovation

Work at a call center

  A nice article on the Jeff Bezos school of management. I am a strong supporter of this ethic. It just makes the world a better place.