Skip to main content

make gconfig not working on Fedora 17

If you try to compile the Linux kernel from source using make gconfig it will probably not work on Fedora 17 spewing a message similar to: 

*
* Unable to find the GTK+ installation. Please make sure that
* the GTK+ 2.0 development package is correctly installed...
* You need gtk+-2.0, glib-2.0 and libglade-2.0.
*                 

Although libglade2 is present by default on Fedora 17, this error comes up because gtk internally needs the headers for libglade-2.0

So, you need libglade-devel. Yum it. As root: 

# yum install libglade-devel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barcamps over the world: BCB3/Minnebar

I think I am kinda special. Not quite like Paris Hilton special, but getting a  chance to attend two Barcamps separated by 8000 miles in a span of 3 weeks has got to be some kind of special stuff. I think the big guy above is smiling at me. Invest in my equity. This is an article outlining some of the interesting differences I saw between the barcamps in Bangalore (BCB3, 31 March -April 1, 2007 ) and Minnesota(Minnebar 2007, 21 April). This is not an article intended to compare or pass a judgement. Just throwing up some observations, fwiw . I am not offering explanations, I am not a socio-anthropology by training. Some of these do not require a degree to arrive at the reason of causation, but I want to keep this blog close to what I saw, not what I think. At most, some "could-be"s. Both the barcamps have a local flavour and preservation of local flavour to me, is inherently good.  Consider food, for example.  A predominantly South Indian buffet spread for lunch ...

Talk at Barcamp Bangalore 3

Rakesh and I shared some thoughts on unstructured innovation such as unconferences and codejams in large, well-structured (and somewhat paradoxically) very innovative companies.       Technorati tags: barcampbangalore3 , innovation

Work at a call center

  A nice article on the Jeff Bezos school of management. I am a strong supporter of this ethic. It just makes the world a better place.