Skip to main content
Gnome Shell 3.5.5 just released. The changelog does not inspire a compulsion to change. Here's a photo of my desktop anyhow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barcamps over the world: BCB3/Minnebar

I think I am kinda special. Not quite like Paris Hilton special, but getting a  chance to attend two Barcamps separated by 8000 miles in a span of 3 weeks has got to be some kind of special stuff. I think the big guy above is smiling at me. Invest in my equity. This is an article outlining some of the interesting differences I saw between the barcamps in Bangalore (BCB3, 31 March -April 1, 2007 ) and Minnesota(Minnebar 2007, 21 April). This is not an article intended to compare or pass a judgement. Just throwing up some observations, fwiw . I am not offering explanations, I am not a socio-anthropology by training. Some of these do not require a degree to arrive at the reason of causation, but I want to keep this blog close to what I saw, not what I think. At most, some "could-be"s. Both the barcamps have a local flavour and preservation of local flavour to me, is inherently good.  Consider food, for example.  A predominantly South Indian buffet spread for lunch ...

Talk at Barcamp Bangalore 3

Rakesh and I shared some thoughts on unstructured innovation such as unconferences and codejams in large, well-structured (and somewhat paradoxically) very innovative companies.       Technorati tags: barcampbangalore3 , innovation

make gconfig not working on Fedora 17

If you try to compile the Linux kernel from source using make gconfig it will probably not work on Fedora 17 spewing a message similar to:  * * Unable to find the GTK+ installation. Please make sure that * the GTK+ 2.0 development package is correctly installed... * You need gtk+-2.0, glib-2.0 and libglade-2.0. *                  Although libglade2 is present by default on Fedora 17, this error comes up because gtk internally needs the headers for libglade-2.0 So, you need libglade-devel. Yum it. As root:  # yum install libglade-devel